experiencejournaldr visitsabout my parentsmilestonesthe pregnancyemail
Dr. Appt. Updates
<< April 15th - 34 wks

April 22nd - 35wks

Where do I even start? These next couple of days may be very exciting. When the doctor saw my rash he confirmed what I suspected... that it's the worse case of PUPPPs that he has ever seen. Yea me! The next step in treatment would be a steriod. The problem with this steriod is that it would make me swell up more (and seriously, if my feet were more swollen they'd explode), and it would make the baby grow at a faster rate than she all ready is... not good considering how much time is left. The other option is to induce me... tonight or tomorrow. But first, we're working on collecting some data. So far today I've had an ultrasound that said Ella's about 6 3/4 pounds, plus or minus a pound, so anywhere from 5 3/4 pounds, to 7 3/4 pounds!! Big girl (she's at the 91st percentile for size). And yes, I got my 5th glimpse at the girl parts. The doctor is going to talk to a another doctor to confirm what he thinks are the options, and then call me. That's what I'm waiting for right now. What's likely going to happen is that I'm going to have an amnio sometime today. I'm trying not to think about that too much. For those that may not know (though I'm sure most of you do), you do an amnio at this stage to see how far along the lungs are in development. If Ella's lungs are mature enough they can induce me and deliver her. If they aren't mature enough than we'll wait a week while I take some steriods to hurry up the development of her lungs. Speaking of lungs, during the ultrasoudn the tech said that she was practicing breathing. And she was wiggly... wouldn't stand still long enough for the tech to get the headshot she wanted. :)

So, that's where we're at. I'll probably do an amnio, then 4 or 5 hours later the doc will know if it's okay to induce. We asked when that would happen, and he said tonight or tomorrow. I'd bank on tomorrow seeing as how it's pretty late all ready today. We'll do our best to keep every one posted as to what's going on. Some of you by the time you read this will have all ready heard from us. This has all been quite a shock to us. I really wasn't expecting today to turn out like this. I figured the doc would say "let's have you wait 'til 37 weeks and then induce".

Oh yes... I'm now 3 centimeters dilated, the cervix is soft, and the baby has dropped. Doc figures she would have tried to make an escape within the next week or week and a half anyways.

If the amnio shows Ella's not ready, the next appointment will be Thursday, April 29th at 10:40am.

web site design by Noodle Design (aka "mum mum"), Copyright 2005